Monday, November 29, 2010

An Adirondack Thanksgiving

Our family's tradition is to spend Thanksgiving in the Adirondacks.  It's hard to explain, but even though the mountains are somber in their early winter colors, they have their own unique beauty.  I find the combination of snow, ice, water, white pine, hemlock, and stark quite to be inspiring.  In years past, we usually have snow at some point during the weekend and this year was no different.  I was looking forward to an early morning hike in the snow to a large waterfall on a river that I had first fished with success this past summer.  It didn't matter that the fishing season was closed, I was going just to be outside and to take some pictures...







I hope they inspire thankfulness in your heart for the beauty of nature and the privilege we have of enjoying the splendor that each new season brings !

4 comments:

  1. Shhh... you could make one cast, no one would know. Oh, never mind, I couldn't do it. =)

    Nice pics!
    The Average Joe Fisherman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots Mark...further reinforcing my interest in getting out there to do some fishing in 2011.

    ReplyDelete