Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Bear Essentials

This is a handy little item you might want to consider carrying if you fish in bear country like I do.  The bell has a velcro attachment loop and a mesh bag with a magnet in the bottom to silence the bell when you don't need or want the jangle of the bell.  When I saw this item in a camping outlet store, I thought it was just the thing for carrying with me when fishing the Adirondacks as I have run into a few bears.  So if you don't want any close encounters of the Ursine kind, you might want to consider picking one up.

3 comments:

  1. I have never given any thought to that before....thanks for posting.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark that is a great idea. After my encounter on our favorite brook. I might just get one.

    ReplyDelete