Monday, October 3, 2011

Some more new water

Headed out yesterday afternoon to check out another stream that's been on my list.  This stream is stocked but is known to have a healthy wild brown trout population.  It was a lovely stream that flowed through some farm land with lots of wild browns.  Fishing a new stream is always a learning experience as you learn where the fish are and how to approach them.   In the slower sections I could see dozens of trout heading for cover as I tried to get into a position from which I could actually cast.  In the end, a handful of wild browns and an odd rainbow mixed in were brought to hand on a stimulator/soft hackle pheasant tail combo. 
October wild flower ?
Some tight quarters

Notice the red on the adipose fin
The rolling countryside before dusk

7 comments:

  1. Great little stream.
    Those are handsome wild browns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking browns. Nice pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should have explored this one sooner since it is so close to home. Will take some thought about how to approach some of the spots were I saw lots of fish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the changes on the blog. Great colours very nice weel done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard - thanks, with fall getting into full swing in New England I thought it was time to change things up a bit. Hopefully I will get some good pictures of the trees in their full fall dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent pictures. I can just picture them running for cover. Small price pay while in search of some new water. Now you know right where they are sitting. Tight Lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TM - quite a sight - little rockets heading everywhere

    ReplyDelete