Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Thirteenth Lake Streamer

 The Thirteenth Lake streamer is named for 13th Lake in the heart of the Siamese Ponds Wilderness in the central region of the Adirondack Mountains of New York state.  I visited this lake for the first time this summer and hope to go back next season.  The region is known for it's garnet mines and this streamer bares that reddish orange tint of the garnet the streaks much of the rocks in the region.  Based on the results of a recent outing the brook trout like it too !
  


Mustad 9394 streamer hook (barb turned down)
Black (thread)
Golden Pheasant tippet (tail)
Gold tinsel (tag and rib)
Orange Floss (body)
Orange bucktail (underwing)
Black bucktail (overwing)

5 comments:

  1. It's a great fly! The first time I came across it on line I wanted to tie right away. Unfortunately, I still haven't fished it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwi - It works ! I think with the golden pheasant tail, orange body and black overwing it might look like a brook trout fry. Black marabou is another streamer with similar color pattern. When I get a chance I will so a post the black and white marabou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bucktail.
    I'm going to tie one and fish it in 13th stream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brk Trt - you might just consider fishing it in 12th and 14th stream too, oh heck, just fish it anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent looking streamer. I will be trying to catch some fish around here with it once the season opens up again. Thanks for the recipe. Tight Lines.

    ReplyDelete