Sunday, November 20, 2011

On the board !!!

It was a warm sunday afternoon for mid to late November so I decided to take advantage of the warm afternoon and take another shot at hooking a broodstock Atlantic salmon.  After working down through the run, I had a tug on the #2 Mickey Fin.  As the loop between the reel and my rod hand tighten I lifted the rod and a good sized salmon broke the surface and the game was on.  After a tug of war, a few runs, I was able  to beach my first Atlantic Salmon !


3 comments:

  1. Congrats buddy on the first atlantic salmon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Congrats on the first, it will probably be the one remembered most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dustin and Kiwi - a bit different then fishing small streams for wild trout but I always enjoy learning something new

    ReplyDelete