Friday, December 2, 2011

Versatile blogger awards

So there is some blog love going around the outdoor blogger network these days.  I first picked up on it reading  The Catching Chronicles.  Trout Magee "awarded" some versatile blogs that he follows including a pair that I also enjoy checking in on  (Alan's blog at Small Stream Reflections and Kiwi's blog The North River).  Actually it was Alan who encouraged me to start a blog of my own.  Then Kiwi was kind enough to mention this blog among his versatile seven, so here are seven blogs that I check in with that are certainly worth a visit. In case you haven't figured it out, there are actually ten when you include the three blogs already mentioned above but then it's so hard to choose

This is a great blog if you like small stream fishing like me in and around my home state of PA

Becks and Brown Trout 
It's always fun to see how folks are fishing small streams where the North Country spiders were first developed

I really like the pictures of the streams Mick fishes, they look alot like some of the mountain brooks I fish in the Adirondacks as is the case in the next blog...

Some great pictures and adventures in and around the mountain brooks of Ireland

I like this blog for the flies Johnny ties, perfect for small streams with a good mix of wet flies thrown in.  Hey Johnny how 'bout posting how to tie the Golden Oldie 

My buddy Ben is an awesome tier of Atlantic Salmon flies.  These are real works of art and I check in just to admire the work. A special thanks goes out to Ben for his instruction which resulted in me landing my first Atlantic Salmon this year. 

Kerrian takes you along for all sorts of fishing adventures, from fishing for trout in all size streams to fishing for stripers in the salt, ice fishing, or Steelhead fishing in NY

So go ahead and check out these blogs, you will be glad you did

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad you are enjoying my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise! I hope you're catching some fish today (if you went).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mark for the post. Now I have more blogs I can check out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention and glad you enjoy the blog.


    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mark, Thanks for shout out, and I'm glad you enjoy my blog, I enjoy yours as well.

    All My Best
    Johnny Utah

    ReplyDelete