Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fishing in the dark

The water levels have been very low around here and the temps have been rising so I decided that I  would head to the coldest water I know.  Even in this spot the water was significantly warmer than my last trip but still cool enough to fish.  What normally is a nice run was mostly a slow moving flat.  Apparently a lot of other folks had the same thought but as darkness fell most decided to head home.  I started with a small rusty spinner and managed to land one decent brown and then I started to see something coming off in the darkness, so I switched to an iso comparadun and hooked another 4 landing another brown and a rainbow before all went quite.  It was nice to get out and catch a few since it's been a couple of weeks since I was last out.

No comments:

Post a Comment