Monday, October 15, 2012

Sunday afternoon out

This one barely fit in the net
Headed out mid afternoon Sunday for a couple of hours of fishing.  I brought along the streamer rod along with some of the large streamers I recently tied up for the fall.  This would be my first attempt at fishing these on a sinking linking line.  I was amazed at how quickly the line brought streamers down in the water column.  Nothing was interested in chasing the streamers but I did split the time Euro nymphing and managed to tie into a nice rainbow that was living in front of a pile of brush.  It took a Strolis #20 DDT
Head shot with DDT
a paddle of a tail

4 comments:

  1. I also managed to get out yesterday for an hour or two and landed a few small brookies but I would have traded them for that rainbow...it's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Fall fish. Love me some Rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just finished my salmon and trout fishing and now I intend to go back and chase the bass once again.

    ReplyDelete