Monday, November 19, 2012

Coincidence or just good planning?

I was traveling this afternoon for work and just happened to be passing a small stream known to hold some wild brown trout and I just happened to have my small stream rod and box of flies.  With about an hour left of daylight, I was stream side.  Forty five minutes of late afternoon fishing brought a fist full of wild browns to hand along with a few misses.  All the fish today preferred the bead head pheasant and partridge to the pumpkin head midge.  A very much appreciated break in the monotony.

2 comments:

  1. Fishing after traveling and calling on customers was one of my favorite pastimes when I was in sales. I even carried an ice chest to take home a few now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark - I agree, having a place to stop on the ride home makes the trip a lot more fun !

    ReplyDelete