Saturday, February 9, 2013

The BIG DIG

Started snowing yesterday and didn't stop til late this morning!  The most snow I've seen come down in one storm in quite a while!  The driveway and sidewalk are clear, the power's on, and there's heat in the house but I'm not sure how the plow is going to get down our street so it looks like I'll be stuck for a few days!  Guess I'll just have to do some more tying !

View out the back door early this morning.  I guess I'll have to dig a path for the dog
View out the garage door, this is going to take a while
Bottom of the bird bath is about 32 inches off the ground
Honda is completely buried in a drift which extends over the roof of my explorer
View of the drift after clearing the driveway
The snowblower saves the day.  The snow in the background is the snow in the street.  Think I'm stuck for a while!

11 comments:

  1. Mark
    That is one snow fall, it is amazing that a roof didn’t buckle with the weight of so much snow. Glad to know you guys have your power back on, and can stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heavy winds kept the snow off the roofs. Good thing to because if we get some warmer temps it can create some real problems

      Delete
  2. My back is aching, sleep will be welcome tonight.
    I've been around these parts for 66 years and this is the most snow I've seen in one storm.
    Tie up a couple of "Blizzard Bombers"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the back feels better, the snow blower saved the day for me. It looks like Upstate NY around here, even had to clear a path in the backyard for the dog! No plow through on our street yet, so may be stuck here tomorrow but no worries lots of time to tie some mini muddlers by guess who?

      Delete
  3. Just watched the news and you guys really got hammered. I like your snow blower. Got one just like it in my shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark - a very good investment for days like this !

      Delete
  4. We just got our cable and internet back and checking blogs is about all I can do now. Iam sore beyond words from a full day outside removing snow and a full size cherry tree that decided after nemo and sandy it had had enough and fell across the driveway. There better be some 30" trout to match the snowfall totals this spring! BTW...we had a plow come down our street and it never left...its stuck and is not going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiwi - Sorry about the cherry tree, I have one that I need to take of sometime soon also

      Delete
  5. The good news is that the GROUNDHOG did predict an early Spring! = ) Stay warm and happy fly tying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the groundhog might be stuck for a while too ! Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. We ended up with 20-24 inches. Power went out Friday night at 8 PM and just returned. Good thing I have a generator. I hope you at least have power.

    ReplyDelete