Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday afternoon rainbows

Rainbow city
This afternoon, after church, I met up briefly with Alan.  He suggested we check out a nearby bridge where he had tangled with a big rainbow.  He thought there were a bunch of rainbows in the pool below the bridge and he was right!  Standing below the pool and casting the bead head hare's ear soft hackle up into the riffles brought 8 rainbows to hand and a few that released themselves.  After about an hour of non-stop rainbows, I decided to head downstream in search of some wild brown or brook trout.






The trees are starting to bud and spring is in the air.  Walking along the stream, I spotted a pair of kingfishers and deer could be seen grazing in the fields in the late afternoon sun.  I did bring one wild brown to hand on a hare's ear wet soft hackle along with a handful of brief hookups.  I'm so thankful I can enjoy spending Sunday afternoons doing what I enjoy in God's marvelous creation.

Green is staring to show streamside
Red maple starting to flower
A nice wild brown
the mark of a wild brown
Some majestic giants in the forest

8 comments:

  1. You did quite well.
    The TQR will be replaced today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right there were quite a few in there! Is Cabella's going to replace/repair the rod?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Kiwi - thanks it was a beautiful spring day to be out

      Delete
  3. Some beauties right there. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Passinthru, didn't have my Euro rig, but got below to allow the nymph to sink better and kept good contact with my 5'9" 3 wt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark
    You and Alan have some fantastic places to fish up that way---I wish my wife and I live in that area with you guys. Beautiful trout!!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete