Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Salmon after work

Ally's Shrimp 
I haven't fished for broodstock salmon that much this year.  I've been out a couple of mornings for brief outings and have managed to see a couple of fish roll here and there.

With the daylight savings time coming to a close at the end of the week, I made a quick trip after work today and chose a section of river with a couple of runs close to each other.  I couldn't move anything in the first two spots.  In the last spot, with daylight fading, I got a nice tug on the Ally's Shrimp about 2/3's through the run.  I let the fish take a little line and then lifted the rod and could feel the heft of a decent fish.  The fish ran across the river towards the shore directly below me.  I put a little side pressure on hoping to solidly lodge the hook when the hook let lose. Disappointed that I didn't land the fish, I was still pleased that I was able to hook one.

No comments:

Post a Comment