Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Hope all you father's out there had a Happy Father's Day.  Sometimes we father's don't realize the impact we have on our children but days like this remind me to be the dad they need.

Yesterday afternoon my wife, two daughters, and our border collie joined me on a quick walk along a favorite brook on a gorgeous summer day.  A nice breeze kept the bugs down and made for a very pleasant walk.  It was fun to show them the gorgeous fish that call the lovely brook home.  Everyone took a turn with the fly rod and we all enjoyed watching the enthusiastic fish pouncing on the fly.  A couple of brook trout and a lovely brown were brought close to admire and then sent home to their families.



I am so thankful for my wonderful family and the many other blessings that I enjoy from the loving hand of God my Father.  Although I often forget, today I am reminded that I am a very rich man!

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't get better than that......Happy Fathers Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kiwi - hope you enjoyed the day with your daughters as well!

    ReplyDelete