Saturday, August 30, 2014

Darkness saves the day

Yesterday was a gorgeous pre-fall day here in CT.  Unfortunately, these blue bird days are not necessarily the best for fishing.  Yesterday afternoon was surprisingly dead at several locations that I fished.  Even the iso and the stimulator/bead head pheasant tail rig were being ignored.  However the day was saved in the last hour of daylight as fish sporadically took small olives and then rusty spinners at dark.  I took one on an olive snowshoe emerger (#20) and three on a rusty spinner (#20 ) in the fading light before all went dark.  The gentlemen next to me asked what I was using so I gave him one of my rusty spinners and he took two himself.


Enjoy the Labor Day weekend !

4 comments:

  1. Mark
    I have fished those bluebird days and they can be tough. I have found that persistence and patience pays off on those days and it looks like you used both on this outing. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill - for me it's all about enjoying whatever God in His providence choses to give

      Delete
  2. Nicely done, they were picky last night for me as well. small olives were on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LQN - we are in that transition between summer and fall when things can be a little slow.

      Delete