Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall days

Fall days are here.  The kind of days that bring mix of everything, sun, clouds, rain showers, wind, and falling leaves.  I don't know why I love these kind of days but I do.  The bird hunters were out but I guess most everyone else was inside staying warm and dry.

Spots 1 and 3 where a bust but location 2 produced some dark rainbows and a couple of browns.  It was definitely a subsurface day and it took switching to a heavy anchor fly on the double nymph rig to connect but after the switch I was finding  fish.  After nymphing through the second run I tossed and stripped an articulated streamer and picked up another rainbow.

A dark hooked jawed male



This rainbow chased down the streamer

The days are getting noticeable shorter so it was it was a quick outing but the solitude did my soul good.

One of those "perfect" fall days...

7 comments:

  1. Nice photos from a good afternoon, Mark. I love this weather, too, unpredictable as it can be for fishing. Yesterday, overcast and blustery, was poor for us, but today, sunny and warmer, was good for dry fly fishing on the run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt - nice to hear someone was out enjoying the warm sunny day today and finding fish willing to take a dry.

      Delete
  2. Nice catch there Mark.
    These are days made to carry us through the big W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan, these are indeed days to savor and enjoy! Make the most of them my friend!

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful river. love the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LQN - this is a beautiful time of year in the Northeast !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Brown, and, those dark Rainbows are sure pretty this time of year. I love the Fall season, too. Go forth and enjoy, Mark..............................

    ReplyDelete