Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A little snow

It's a snowy day here in central CT.  It's hard to tell just how much snow is on the ground due to the windy conditions but it doesn't look like it is measuring up to the "storm of the century" hype the news has been drumming up over the past couple days. In any case, my workplace was closed so I am enjoying a day at home.

Not much on the fishing front lately with the colder weather we've had but I have been busy finishing up some furled leaders, putting the jig away, and cleaning up my tying bench.  My tying area is a combination of my work bench for various home projects and fly tying and it's gotten out of hand of late.  I bought some small drawers from the local Walmart and used the peg board to hang dubbing packages where I can easily get to them. All the hooks and beads are in Kraft Lockables trays (upper left) and hung also on the pegboard to create a little more useable bench space.  So now I can get back to tying again!  In a few days I will highlight a few of the Euro nymphs I've been using this past year for those interested in this style of nymphing so stay tuned.

With the snow flying, I enjoy watching the juncos, cardinals, tufted titmice, downy woodpeckers, flickers, finches, and nuthatches coming to the feeder.  Days like these seems to draw them to the feeder.  Hope my friends in the northeast are staying warm today!







9 comments:

  1. Awesome bird pics! Glad you are staying busy and organized, and I look forward to some of your ties in future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the bird RI Brook Trout. Was working this afternoon tying some Euro anchor flies and taking some photos

      Delete
  2. Good looking photos!!! Have the same creatures in my backyard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete - hope you are staying warm today

      Delete
  3. Nice pics! I tried to find some birds to photograph today but the only ones around were fat starlings. I should probably have taken on for tying materials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RM Lytle - You can do a lot with starling for sure!

      Delete
  4. Mark
    Nothing more beautiful than seeing birds feeding at the feeder on a cold snowy day---hope you guys get over the blizzard soon. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill - we didn't get all the snow predicted just about a foot here at the house. That might sound like a lot to my southern friends but here it's not that big a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your bird pics, especially the snowy junco, where the tail and rail are neatly parallel...

    ReplyDelete