Sunday, February 28, 2016

Parachute Adams video

I was out yesterday exploring some new water. The brooks are still very high from all the rain and snow melt this week so there wasn't much action to speak of.  A few small brook trout were found tucked under a small plunge here and there but that's about it.  The season for many small streams across CT closes at the end of the month so I will be waiting until April to see how the small stream wild trout of my favorite small streams manage through the rest of the winter.




I've been working on another video, this one is a parachute Adams which is another of my small stream favorites.  I find this fly effective early in the year and late in the fall.

Enjoy

10 comments:

  1. Excellent video! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark
    Great work at the bench---this is my favorite dry of all time. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill - It'a a good one for sure and can cover a lot of hatches! Thanks

      Delete
  3. Great job on the parachute adams, Mark. I hope you keep the videos coming.

    Regards, Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent video on a true classic. George Harvey the wonderful teacher and fly fisherman from Penn state believed you could catch trout throughout the season with the Adams just by caring the size. The more I fish this pattern the more I think he was correct. Nice job and looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brad - thanks, the parachute Adams can be used effectively when a large number of mayflies are on the water from the very small olives to the larger Hendricksons and Isonychia and probably a lot in between. That's one the reasons I carry it on small streams! When the larger attractor patterns are ignored on goes the Adams, and the low riding parachute version is a real bonus!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the nice video Mark. I used to tie in wings but I'm going to switch after seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howard - Glad to hear it was helpful! I really like the parachute especially for the smaller flies because I can see the white poly post pretty easily and the whole fly sits in the film which can imitate duns, emergers, and spinners.

      Delete