Friday, March 11, 2016

Hendrickson Comparadun

We've been enjoying some spring like weather here this past week.  The Hyacinth are starting to poke through the ground and my thoughts are to the first hatches of spring.  The Hendrickson hatch is one of my favorites because they are big and usually the first hatch to really get the fish looking up.  I get some playful ribbing around my house when I start mentioning the Hendricksons as someone usually starts repeating the "Hendricksons are coming! The Hendricksons are coming!"

 I like tying this one with Delaware River club spectrumized dubbing.  For those of you unfamiliar with spectrumized dubbing, it is a blend a multiple colors to produce a "blended" dubbing with the correct overall color impression.  I use spectrumized dubbing for the sulfurs, olives, and isonychia patterns I tie as well.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Good job, Mark! Keep the video's coming. Very easy to follow and the audio, unlike some, is also very comprehensible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John - thanks for your comment! I can see that people are viewing the videos but can't tell if they are helpful without comments. I welcome suggestions in terms of making the videos better or flies that people would find it helpful to see tied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark
    Another fantastic pattern, that should float high in the water column. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill - thanks and yes it floats well but you can tug it under and fish it wet

      Delete
  4. One of my favorite hatches on the yellow breeches, will start about end of this month, that is a great pattern and a very nice video, I use a pattern very similar to that and sometimes drop a small blue winged olive nymph off the back as the olives around at that time also. Thank you for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad - thanks for the comment. I look forward to seeing the Hendricksons every year, big bugs bring the fish up. That's a good idea trailing a nymph off the back. I fish a wet off the back. In fact, I was working on a video today tying a Hendrickson soft shackle that I fish behind the dry. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. comparadun is a fantastic pattern, very nice tying video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark nice job!!!! Is that like the "British Are coming"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete - thanks, yes you've got it exactly !

      Delete

  8. This is how i was searching from long time about this and i feel better by visiting your blog which is amazing and resourceful thanks for sharing this post and i had also bookmarked your blog for future posts. Thanks..



    Cuba Holiday Rental

    ReplyDelete