Friday, March 25, 2016

Wishing you a blessed Good Friday and Easter

Today I am remembering the death of Jesus Christ.  With the growing crescendos of the ideologies of violence and hatred, today I am remembering the source of the problem and God's gracious solution.  All the violence and hatred around us everyday are just the symptoms of a deeper disease that you and I carry, sin.  That sin drives my anger, my selfishness, the rampant greed that enslaves people and rapes the landscape for fuel to feed that greed, it is the source of the "religions" of hate and violence, and it is the source of all the great inhumanities of mankind through the ages.


Today I am remembering that God entered into this mess, lived a life that was free of sin and then stood in my place and bore God's wrath that His perfect justice required for my sin.  The injustice and inhumanity of the crucifixion of Christ, an innocent man, just reminds me of the depth and ugliness of my condition.  I can not plan, buy, build, elect, legislate, medicate or educate my way out of the problem, I need to be rescued from it. Christ's death is my only hope for freedom from my bondage if I will acknowledge my sin and embrace His work done on my behalf.  Today I will remember that He finished that work on the cross as He cries "It is finished" and then on Easter morning I will celebrate what was accomplished on the cross was acceptable to God, as Christ is raised from death never to taste death again.  In His resurrection, I have a confident hope that when death comes to me, I will be raised to new life as well.


God bless you all this Good Friday and Easter!


20 comments:

  1. Mark and family, A Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan - wishing you and yours the same! God bless you my friend

      Delete
  2. Mark - Happy Easter to you and your family. Enjoy the time together!
    Will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will - wishing you and your family well this Easter season as well

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a peaceful and inspirational Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark and Family. Wishing you a happy and holy Easter. Beautiful picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete - Wishing you a Happy Easter as well.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Howard! Have a wonderful Easter with you and your family

      Delete
  6. Hope you and your family have a great Easter, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justin and have a wonderful Easter with you and your family as well

      Delete
  7. It will be a short while before we celebrate Pascha, (Orthodox Christians)

    "Christ has risen!"
    "Indeed he has risen!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John - thank you and God bless as you celebrate later in April!

      Delete
  8. Mark
    Hope you and the family have a blessed Easter. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill - thanks. Wishing you a blessed Easter with you and your family

      Delete
  9. Mark,
    Thank you so much for your testimony (and boldness in sharing it) and your wonderful site. You're an inspiration to a fellow believer in our soon-coming King! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dwight - thanks for commenting. I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

      Delete
  10. He is risen. I will try to live like Jesus would want me to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - thankfully God's grace, that same power that raised Jesus, is alive in us enabling us to live in a way that glorifies God!

      Delete