Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Redemption

I spent the other afternoon running around the Farmington River trying to find a location with a little space to fish.   Later in the afternoon I got a call from my friend Pete who had noticed fish rising in a location that had some room so I quickly relocated and had a wonderful couple of hours fishing comparaduns and spinners to rising fish.  The afternoon started off in frustration but thanks to Pete's tip, it ended well with lots of browns, rainbows, and one brook trout taken on the dries...Redemption.

 By request, here is a video for the egg sack spinner I've been fishing ...Enjoy

9 comments:

  1. I've tied one similar in appearance a long time ago. They still sit in my box unused. Another nice video Mark, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howard - you are welcome. You asked about the spinner so I though others would benefit. If you fish evenings at all, you have to have spinners at the ready. I try one anytime I can't see anything else on the water and fish are rising. I a wide range of sizes from #12 all the way down to #22 and even have a few #6's in case I run across a hexagenia hatch

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mark, that's exactly the plan this year.

      Delete
  2. Mark
    Hats off to all you guys who make tying flies look easy---having a little help on the water is always appreciable, especially if that help results in success as it did with you. Nice work at the vice. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill - I actually have a little trouble tying with the camera between me and the flies but I think it's more helpful to have that perspective. Glad to hear the videos are helpful.

      Delete
  3. Good to see you got into a "few" fish Mark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, I tied up a couple of those spinners and tried one out tonight. I caught a nice brookie on it and am confident in the way it drifts. I will always keep a few handy this spring. Great video on how to tie the spinner. Regards, Sam

    ReplyDelete