Friday, June 10, 2016

Sportman's Compass - check it out

It's been a busy few weeks getting ready for a graduation party for my youngest daughter who graduated high school last night.  My wife and I have been working hard getting the backyard ready for an open house so the fishing has taken a back seat lately!

If you haven't checked out Sportsman's Compass, you should.  It's a great new website of fisherman helping fisherman with destinations, guides, and gear reviews.  They asked me to write an article on fishing for brookies in the Shenandoah National Park.  The article is  about putting an affordable trip together called "Brown Bagging it for Shenandoah Brook Trout".  The links are provided so go check them out!

We will get back to fishing soon, I promise!


16 comments:

  1. The article is a very nice read Mark!!! Well Done my friend!! Now I know why I have not heard hide nor hair of you in a while!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete! I've been MIA lately but things will return to normal very soon!

      Delete
  2. Mark,
    Nice article, and congrats to the grad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan, enjoy your trip down there in the fall. Thanks for the tip on the popcorn, it was very good!!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats to you and your family on the special occasion Mark. I'll check out the article next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, nice article and very informative, s np is definatlely on my bucket list. I love the pure simplicity of that form of fishing, very relaxing. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brad, thanks. The SNP isn't that far from you. If you ever get the chance to go, go! It is especially beautiful in the spring and fall.

      Delete
  5. Mark
    I will check out both links, am I guessing you guys are moving??? My wife and I are getting ready for an open house this weekend as well to try to sell our house. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill - the open house was for my daughters graduation. My job is relocating eventually to Boston but we will still be in CT for a little while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark
    Congrats to your daughter on this special occasion in her life. I checked out the videos from the Sportsman's Compass and found one that really got my attention---Nymphing Tailwaters was very informative. Great post on the Shenandoah Brook trout as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill - thanks. It is a good site with lots on info and you can check out guide recommendations and license info if you are traveling.

      Delete
  8. Nice article Mark. I need to get back up to SNP one of these days to explore and fish further. Definitely a special place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David! It's a special place. it's different from New England, the Adirondacks, or the Smokies but I really enjoy hiking and fishing there. I think you would too!

      Delete
  9. Nice site, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete